Skip to main content

Skip permit

In partnership with EUGO Logo

Licence summary

To put a builder's skip on a public road, you need a permit from the local authority.

Where to find help

To apply for a new skip permit please contact us.

Apply online

You can apply for a skip licence on the Gov.UK website.

General enquiries

Eligibility criteria

No provision in legislation

Regulation summary

Application evaluation process

Permission may be given subject to conditions which may relate to the following:

  • siting the skip
  • skip dimensions
  • making skips visible to traffic
  • care and disposal of skip contents
  • lighting and guarding of skips
  • skip removal

Will tacit consent apply

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period

Target completion

You can expect us to let you know our decision on your application within 30 days of receipt.

Failed application redress

Please contact Cheshire West and Chester Council in the first instance.

Licence holder redress

Please contact Cheshire West and Chester Council in the first instance.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, further information about making a complaint can be found on the Information for Consumers page of this website. 

Trade associations

Share this page

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.