Search and track planning applications
You can search, comment or track the progress of planning applications we have received.
Where to find help
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 123 7027
Use this link for advice on how to use our planning system.
- Search for a planning application - when searching remove the X/ or E/ or V/ from the application number. (terms and conditions of use)
- View all planning applications on our interactive mapping system - enter the streetname, postcode or area into the search box then select go or use the map to navigate your way to an area of interest
- Make a planning application - you can apply online for planning approval via the Planning Portal
- Comment on a planning application - how to comment on a planning application
- Notices and Weekly lists - browse the weekly list of planning applications and decisions
- Search for a major planning application - large applications that may be of public interest
- Browse the former County's Mineral and Waste Applications - applications updated after 17 December 2010 will also be available on our planning application system.
All documents will be available to view online or at the Area Offices five working days prior to the committee date.
- Wards and parishes - which office is expected to be dealing with your application.
- Planning appeals - information about the appeals process, how to appeal against a planning decision, and how to view an appeal that is in progress
- Planning decisions - Decision Notices can be found by selecting the documents tab when looking at planning application details
- The role of the councillor and parish/town council in deciding planning applications
- Planning Committee - view agendas, minutes, reports, future meetings and information on public speaking at planning committee.
Visiting the Council Offices to view planning applications
If you are planning to visit the Council’s Offices to view the hard copy of the planning application, you are strongly advised to telephone in advance of travelling, to ensure that the application documentation is available for inspection.
The Customer Service areas at the Chester, Ellesmere Port and Winsford offices have computers available to view planning application details. Large, wall mounted, screens are available for viewing documents in detail. If you need assistance the Customer Services staff are happy to help.
Reporting problems with planning information
Paper copies of the applications will no longer be available to view at The Forum Office in Chester. All applications can be viewed online or screens are available to view in the One Stop Shop areas at the following offices:
- The Forum, Chester, CH1 2HS
- Wyvern House, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
Between 8.30am and 4.45pm Monday to Friday.